Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Dandelion

Amongst the chaos of life every once in while you have to take a moment to just breathe. A moment to put things back into perspective. A moment to relish in the beauty of life. Over the years I have grown quite fond of dandelions. To most, they are simply a weed; to me, a dandelion has so much to say if you take the time relish in its beauty. As a kid, we would pick them and make a wish. See who could blow off all the little white fuzzies in one breathe. Use them when we played house, making magic potions, and more. As an adult, I have always found them beautiful but in a simple non-elegant kind of way. 

Upon returning from Group On Tuesday evening this was the first thing that caught my eye as I stepped out of the car. A simple yet beautiful dandelion standing tall in the dark next to our light up reindeer.  A reminder that I needed to stand tall and at the end of it all there will be a perfect blossom. That through all these struggles there would come peace. Through the dark and pain, I would find happiness again. 

The dandelion. A simple weed that serves no purpose yet in its simplistic beauty if you take the time to stand in awe of it; you can learn so much. 

Stand tall. Believe in yourself. Have faith. Keep fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment